Trislot flat screens are flat filter surfaces that can be manufactured in two different ways.
- Welded screens: directly made on the flat welding machine
- Flattened slot tube: manufactured by opening and flattening a slot tube with radial external wire
Trislot welded screens are produced directly on a machine by welding surface profiles onto support profiles at each intersection at 90° angles.
Advantages of manufacturing directly on a machine:
- Enhanced profile wire flatness: no profile wire waviness between support wires
- Avoids the weakening of the welds and the chance of stress corrosion that can result when producing from a slot tube
- Accurate distance between support profiles
- Possibility of different support wires in one screen
- Flexibility to have variable spacing between support wires in one screen
Flattened slot tube
Depending on the required specifications, we can also opt to produce from a slot tube. Subsequently the tube is split open, flattened and cut to the required size.
The designation for a flat screen is as follows:
Surface wire / Support wire – distance between the support wires (center to center) also called the pitch
Example: 22S/10×3 – 70
This means that the profile wire is 22S. The support wire is 10×3 and the pitch, space from center to center of the support wire, is 70 mm.
Standard constructions (1)
|Profile||Support wires||Min.slot||Standard pitch (P)|
|in mm.||in mm. (2)|
|Q35/10X3 till 50X3||0.12||25/70|
|28S||Q35/10X3 till 50X3||0.15||17/25/70|
|34S||Q35/10X3 till 50X3||0.15||17/25/70|
|42S||Q35/10X3 till 50X3||0.15||17/25/70|
|50S||10X3 till 50X3||0.15||70|
(1) Special executions are possible on request
(2) In most cases, all pitches are possible
|Max. surface profile length||Max. support profile length|
|Pitch 17mm / Profile Q25||1300 mm||2000 mm|
|Pitch 17-25mm / Profile Q35||2700 mm||3000 mm|
|Pitch 22mm||710 mm||1650 mm|
|Pitch ≥ 70mm||3000 mm (3)||3400 mm|
(3) Depending on pitch
Standard finish for flat screens
- Cutting width and length
to fit the required size.
Optional finish for flat screens
- Degreasing and pickling
- Post-machining for tighter tolerances